Tuesday 24 April 2012

No fuel, no go, no way!

1 week, 2 days since my last post.  Can't believe it is such a short space of time because so much has happened.......

I've managed to drop 4lbs in weight during this time.  As you may recall, last post focused on me getting my preparations back in line as results were slacking.  Key areas were mental prep (the 'why' in 'why am I doing this'!) and my fuelling - i.e. eating properly.

Terrible habit of skipping meals and surviving on caffeine until tea time.

Well no more - last week I started making sure my fuel intake was a measured 3.5:1 Carb/Protein at breakfast and lunch with a balanced evening meal.  Even dropped caffeine too!

Results:

  • 10k PB (1min off) -17th April.
  • 5k Interval session -18th April.
  • 8k hill run -19th April.
  • Half Marathon PB (4mins off) - 21st April.
  • 10k PB (another 1 min off) - 24th April.
Obviously these improvements won't continue at this rate, but I'm kicking myself for not making the change sooner as I could have made my training so much more effective to this point!

The other big contributory factor is that our first Scout meeting took place last Friday night and I got to spend two and a half hours of fun, quality time with my Daughters.  For the first time in such a long while, my life felt balanced between work, family and me.

It's true what is said about physical performance being linked to both nutritional state and mental state - the 3 are inextricably linked.  Neglect one and the others will suffer - achieve balance and the combination of all 3 working in harmony is potent!

I'm off to visit Erskine Hospital tomorrow to discuss fundraising and generate some PR.  

Also got my first corporate sponsor - Personal Wellness Xperience (PWX) who are helping me with nutrition and supplements.  Contact them on PWXHerbalife@gmail.com if you'd like to know more ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment