Saturday 18 February 2012

It's all about the beat!

A week of bests this week! Recorded a 10k best on Tuesday and then on Friday a 5k best too (okay, it was an interval session buy hey, who's counting!). My Wedensday night running club with a few hardy individuals from work had its second outing and to their credit, all 3 recorded an improved time. Doing 3k in 25mins for only their second time out was pretty good, especially as they did 2.5k in the same time the week before. And sitting behind all this is my music. I find that the beat of the music sets the tone for my session. Some people go through rituals and routines before sessions, such as ensuring their trainers are laced right etc. for me, it's about selecting the right music to match not only my mood, but also the goal of my forthcoming run. On Friday night I was tired, fed up and not really in the right mindset. But yet I wanted a hard interval session. Search the iPod and there is David Guetta's album! Boom! I'm now building my track list for this Sunday, a long easy run of circa 18k. Lots of steady beats with lyrics I can sing along too and nothing too up tempo! Fortunately I have invested in noise cancelling earphones which means I can't hear myself sing along as I run! Unfortunate for anyone around me but it's one way to have a little bit of space in this crowded world of ours! Till next blog, keep enjoying your journey and the soundtrack that goes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment